Here is where we aim to share various arts and cultural jobs, commissions, artist opportunities, seminars and workshops, placements and volunteering opportunities etc in the Lancaster & Morecambe district. For inclusion, please email your opportunities to admin@artscity.
In addition, at the 2023 Annual Gathering, in February, the following LAP organisations made their commitments to Freelance Artists and Creatives in the district…
IMITATING THE DOG
OFFER: Free mentoring and support for developing projects. The ITD team can support your project idea with advice, feedback and signpost you to further help. For example, we can offer advice/support on project planning, producing, touring, technical advice on projection/video, making and staging site-specific work, funding/writing applications, marketing, and shadowing ITD projects.
ADDITIONAL INFO: ITD is a small organisation. As such, at certain busy times, our resources are limited, and we may only be able to support on a first-come, first-served basis, but we will do our best!
CONTACT: Julie Brown, Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.orgDeleted:
ORGANISATION: THE DUKES
We offer the following programs and support:
1. Creators List – Our free membership programme for freelancers, working particularly in theatre and dance, to get offers and newsletters with advice, jobs and opportunities.
2. Open Space – A programme offering free unused space to freelancers in Lancaster and Morecambe for RnD.
3. Paid Work – All roles are advertised on our website so check out our job pages.
4. Support/mentoring and Advice for Projects or Project Grants – contact is Porl Cooper: email@example.com
5. BLAST FEST – a new work festival each year at the Dukes with up to 5 commissions for local artists.
6. Lancaster Playwriting Prize – Cash prize for the winner in partnership with the University – themed each year.
7. PWYD Events – Check our socials and event pages for information.
8. Free Wifi – You are welcome to come and work in our bar and Gallery space.
ADDITIONAL INFO: The only limit is that Open Space is first come first served, and after the programme has been finalised. It is also limited to building opening hours.
CONTACT: Emma Nixon Creative Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org
ORGANISATION: LPM DANCE
OFFER: We are always happy to offer the following:
1. Free shadowing opportunities as part of Dance and Health activity.
2. Free shadowing opportunities as part of performance projects/festivals.
3. Advice on dance training and project development.
ADDITIONAL INFO: LPM Dance is a small, project-funded organisation. Capacity might be a limiting factor at certain times, but we will always try to help.
CONTACT: Helen Gould, Co-Director: LPMdanceforhealth@gmail.com
ORGANISATION: DECO PUBLIQUE
OFFER: We are happy to offer: 4 sessions of mentoring from our established programme. The sessions last one hour and the individual is required to provide some information in advance of the session to make the most use of the time. Topics include:
1. Creating an artistic proposal – can include reviewing a current proposal and how to respond to a commission brief.
2. Portfolio review.
3. Working with audiences at festivals – producing audience-relevant work.
4. Applying for grant funding from Arts Council England.
5. Budgeting for a commission.
6. PR & marketing your work.
n.b. It may be possible to cover more than one topic.
ADDITIONAL INFO: Deco Publique is a small organisation. As such, at certain busy times, our resources are limited, and we may only be able to support on a first-come, first-served basis, But we will do our best!
CONTACT: Lauren Zawadzki, Director: email@example.com Tel: 07917 275767
ORGANISATION: MORE MUSIC
1. Shadowing opportunities, visit our sessions to learn more about inclusive community music practice.
2. More Music Mentorship scheme – an annual programme of mentorship, shadowing, training and practical experience across our provision, targeted at new and emerging music leaders. Opportunities are advertised via our online platforms and email newsletter, two places per year.
3. Performance slots at gigs, events and festivals – Opportunities for local musicians and bands to put themselves forward for performance opportunities for our community festivals (such as the Catch the Wind Kite Festival) and our gigs and events programme, featuring national and international artists.
4. Affordable room hire to develop projects and for rehearsals and to host meetings and events.
5. Free mentoring and support to discuss and offer advice on new project proposals.
ADDITIONAL INFO: More Music is a small organisation and any support we can offer will be subject to staff capacity and availability to meet, we will try to help where we can.
CONTACT: More Music: firstname.lastname@example.org
ORGANISATION: LANCASTER ARTS
OFFER: We are pleased to offer:
1. A free support programme in specific areas such as building relationships with higher education, technical workshops and building partnerships to create a project.
2. Access and working with an art collection with advice on how to work with a collection from research to handling to curation.
3. Marketing profile: Twice a month, LA will schedule profiling an event, workshops or your website as part of our social media programming.
ADDITIONAL INFO: If we know where the interest lies from the offers here, we will create specific workshops with groups (as opposed to 1:1’s).
CONTACT: Iain Black: Iain@lancasterarts.org